Saturday, October 29, 2011

It just keeps getting better...

Training went really well this week. I really feel like my body is adjusting to the endurance of running. It is really amazing for me to think about how far I have come in 4 months. I never thought I would get to the point that I actually like running! Amazing!

This week the runs were 4, 5(6), 4 and 11. The first 4 miles went great, I really pushed myself to try and made a quicker pace. I thought I was going to break the 9 minute pace...no such luck. But it's OK, it still felt good.

The second run was supposed to be 5 miles, however, somehow I thought it was 6. So...I ran 6. I ended up running on the treadmill. I have mixed feelings about treadmills. I was able to run at a pretty good pace, but it is so monotonous, even with the TV going. I feel like I can just stop at anytime, and it feels so much longer.

The last two runs were a special treat. Rob actually ran with me! I guess I am now such a speed demon that we are running at the same speed now. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made. I was able to run the 4 miles at my fastest time ever. 9:09. It was nice to just have the distraction of another person there, and it helped me push myself. The run was very comfortable too.

Today we ran 11 miles. It went so well too! Rob and I ran together the whole run, we never stopped and ran a 10:30 pace. I felt like I had adequate energy. My body didn't feel overly tired. My muscles, lungs, and heart felt very strong and I felt I could have run longer. The only thing that held me back were my knees. They both started out achy even though I took ibuprofen before we left. The pain got worse about half way in, especially the left. After the run, I iced and used Tiger balm. I think knee pain may just be something I have to deal with. It's OK as long as I don't injure myself.

1 comment:

  1. you guys are amazing. keep it up--just no injuries. Happy Hallween! Wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete