Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Training...continued.

Training continues. It's going great! My mileage last week was 3, 4, 3, and 7. I tried to increase my pace on the shorter runs. I figure that if I can increase my heart rate and speed on the short runs, it will help with endurance on the longer runs. I have been able to decrease my time on each 3 mile run, even if only by a few seconds. I have also been trying to start my pace slower to warm up and make the second half of the run a little faster than the first half.

My most difficult run was the 4 mile. I got really tired and slowed down the second half. I also got a side ache the last mile that I had to push through. Yuck. What's up with those?

I ran the 7 mile with Rob on Saturday. It is the furthest I have ever run. I was excited to do it because I knew I could! I told myself that it didn't matter how fast I ran or how long it took, as long as I did it and didn't stop. Well, it went great! It felt a lot better than my 6 mile from the week before. I tried to push my pace to where I felt comfortable but not too winded or in pain. I fueled at about mile 5 with half a mini Clif bar, and I really think that helped me finish those last couple miles. I was able to run it at a whole minute faster pace than the 6 mile. I don't anticipate all the upcoming long runs to feel so good, but it doesn't matter! Right guys? It may hurt, I may get tired and want to stop, my knees and hips may ache, but it doesn't matter! I will run and not stop!

1 comment: